The overall objective of this position is to develop relationships with potential customers, source and monitor new project and service opportunities, develop proposals and land new sales contracts. This position will deliver quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and industry standards and achieve customer satisfaction through a unified commitment to job competency and unsurpassed service. Activities involve interaction among customers, vendors, subcontractors, and all members of the staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prospect and sell new contracts for fire alarm, suppression and other life safety equipment
- Sell service agreements on fire alarm, suppression and related life safety systems
- Increase the volume of inspection contract accounts to meet sales objectives
- Interact and build relationships with varying clientele such as Business Owners, General Contractors, Property Managers and Facility Supervisors
- Qualify new opportunities to the criteria established by Sales Management
- Prepare quotations to ensure accuracy, completeness, and profitability in accordance with company procedures and goals
- Conduct on-site customer visits with new and existing customers
- Perform sales activity and proposal activity reporting per company procedures
- Maintain a valid/clean driver’s license
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Upbeat attitude
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate our company’s products and services to end users
- Proficient computer skills and ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use Estimating tools and sales activity reporting systems
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance.
- Knowledge of construction or contracting industry required, fire protection preferred
- Mechanical and/or electrical installation experience or aptitude
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and be able to apply those concepts
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Able to interact with all levels being served.
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Work effectively with others in a teamwork environment to achieve business goals
- Influence team members and peers to achieve team goals while maintaining constructive relationships. Also, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations
- Being flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to managers and co-workers. Work to understand the business reasons for changes before reacting. Ability to help others accept and implement change. Show patience with others as they adapt to change.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with outside sales in the B2B marketplace
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type and operate office technology – computers, printers, copy machines, calculators, et.al.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently.
- May be exposed to temperature changes and small spaces
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests