Provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer multi-line telephone in pleasant and professional manner
- Routing of calls to include, but not limited to, connecting to proper extension, announcing the calling party, voice mail, voice paging, and alphanumerical/telephone paging
- Welcoming on-site guests, determine nature of business, and announces guest to appropriate personnel
- Prepare all outgoing mail including but not limited to typing envelopes, typing labels, running mail through postage meter, maintaining proper amount of postage to meter and calling to refill postage meter
- Maintain copier/printer/fax machine and request service calls as needed
- Update company calendar on monthly basis
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Compose, type and edit correspondence, reports, memos, and other materials as needed
- Scanning documents into company accounting systems
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company and with fellow coworkers
- Assist in event planning as needed
- Proactively reach to various departments with projects and support tasks
- Responsible for contacting insurance company for certificates of insurance when requested by customers
- Light kitchen clean-up at the end of each day
- Generating service and inspection reports from company accounting software and sending to customers when requested
- Preparing meeting and training rooms
- Manage meeting room reservation requests through Microsoft Outlook
- Booking travel plans for employees as requested
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Superior Attention to Detail
- Professional Demeanor
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty. Ability to keep confidential information private.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Able to interact with all levels being served. Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance.
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations. Be flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to the manager/employee.
- Must pass random substance abuse tests.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Preferred College or Business School degree
- Required: 1-3 years office experience including phone, and general office duties.
- Preferred: Customer Service/Administrative experience
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type, and operate office technology – computers, printers, copy machines, calculators, etc.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. KPI Holdings and its subsidiaries: Keystone Fire Protection Co., Marco Protection Systems, LLC, Communication Systems Integrators, LLC, and KPI Group USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Job descriptions are not an offer of employment.