The Audio/Video Technician is responsible for the installation and repair of Audio/Visual and Sound Reinforcement systems. This is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily installs A/V and related equipment. This position is also responsible for occasional preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, service repairs and equipment modifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as primary technical from product staging through post development support.
- Pre & Post Sales technical support.
- Support sales teams to evaluate opportunities.
- Trains and instructs the customer on proper use of equipment.
- Installation of A/V equipment and displays to include audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, control systems, presentation systems and sound reinforcement systems.
- Assist with assembly and installation of equipment, materials and systems as directed and specified in project documentation; may include, but not be limited to, rack assembly, audio, video and control terminations, speaker installation, installing video projectors, flat panel displays, projection screens and related infrastructure.
- Assist Lead Technician in the execution of A/V system based on drawings and project documentation.
- Train and instruct customers on proper use of applicable technology
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Preferred: Advanced Technical School Training
- 3 years related experience
- Basic knowledge of audio, lighting, video, staging and rigging
- Basic level of IT Networking fundamentals
- Working knowledge and/or experience with a variety of manufacturer’s products and protocols, including, but not limited to: Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Yamaha, and CobraNet, EtherSound
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Proficient in basic computer skills, programs such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours) without a break
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping, climbing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Position requires pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to temperature changes, heights, small spaces including confined spaces
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type and operate office technology – computers, printers, copy machines, calculators, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests.