The Accounting Administrator’s role provides financial, administrative and clerical support by entering contracts and supporting the accounting team with various tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Enter contracts for new customers from Life Safety Advisors.
- Enter contract renewals for existing customers from our in-house renewal team.
- Set up of new accounts and/or new locations to existing accounts.
- Set up new systems and inspection lines for new and existing accounts.
- Generate inspection tickets for new and existing accounts.
- Run monthly cycle-invoice reports, post them and generate the corresponding invoices.
- Attend in-house training sessions and training as assigned and/or required.
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company and with fellow coworkers.
- Cross-train with fellow accounting coworkers in order to grow your knowledge and provide backup as needed with customer service requests, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Preferred: Degree in Accounting or related field•
- Required: Math Proficiency
- Preferred: 2 + years related experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty
- Ability to retain industry information
- Advanced proficiency in basic Microsoft Office and Sedona Software applications
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations. Be flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to the manager/employee
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type and operate office technology – computers, printers, copy machines, calculators, et. al.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Keystone Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.