The Alarm Estimator is to deliver quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and industry standards, to develop customer relationships, and to thoroughly and accurately estimate the costs of projects. This position requires a high level of cooperation with other Keystone departments to achieve customer satisfaction, a commitment to job competency with unsurpassed service, and timely delivery of estimates and proposals, to achieve profitable projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create detailed take offs from plans and drawings including but not limited to Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Kitchen, Fire Protection, and Fire Alarms drawings.
- Submit and track bids. Remain the estimating point of contact with the customer throughout the life cycle of the project including any change orders.
- Provide technical and quote preparation assistance to sales manager and field sales representatives.
- Conduct site surveys and pre-bid walk through as needed to determine scope of job, to include time, materials and labor.
- Coordinate resources and prepare proposals complete with bill of materials, labor, subcontract, travel and any other charges as needed.
- Create detailed project descriptions, scope of work, as well as information needed for an accurate and detailed job file.
- Generate drawings for pre and/or post sales projects in coordination with engineering.
- Complete estimates and reports in a timely fashion. Paperwork must be legible to customer and office personnel.
- Generate new business through supporting the Sales Force and Customer Retention Team, and Existing Customer Base.
- Log all work in appropriate KFPC Tracking systems (quote logs, Estimating Log etc)
- Create and maintain relationships with select General and Electrical Contractors
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Pertinent experience in the industry
- Preferred Certification: NICET
- Required: Familiarity with Building Codes and Fire Alarm standards
- Preferred: 5+ years related experience, CAD drawing experience
- Electrical estimating, or other trade estimating experience.
- Blueprint reading.
- Circuit theory (Ohm’s Law, Voltage Drop Calculations, etc.)
- Adobe Acrobat™ use
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and be able to apply those concepts.
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping, climbing and lifting of 10-20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to temperature changes, small spaces and confined spaces.
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests.