This position will work closely with senior management to support and implement our public relations strategy and social media presence. The individual must possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, handle many assignments simultaneously, be able to take initiative, work independently, and carry projects through to successful completion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for building company brand and increasing public visibility
- Public Relations activities focused on our Target audience(s) to include key vertical markets, general contractors, electrical contractors, and influencers
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Coordinate internal and external event logistics, timelines and schedules with key manufacturers
- Responsible for the organization's social media contests, receiving submissions and tallying points
- Coordinating industry events and build a strong presence with industry organizations such as NAFED, PAFED, FSSA etc.
- Project manage video creation with external vendors
- Responsible for the organization's website content and social media content with videos, photos and customer testimonials with input from the leadership team and in coordination with the Graphic Content Developer
- Measure content performance and use insights from that data to optimize and increase conversion
- Ensure all content is consistent with and supports our overall brand and identity
- Represent organization at public events, conferences, workshops and media events
- Coordinating communication blasts through email, LinkedIn and internal communication software
- Oversee communications, promotions and marketing including execution of all external communications associated with events
- Assist leadership in managing business relations for the organization and its supported entities
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency with all social media platforms, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, as well as other Internet applications
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple deadlines
- Proven written communication skills, ideally with published content, either online or in traditional media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working on several projects simultaneously with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Graphic design experience using Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, etc. a plus
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing, journalism, or communications
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
Physical Demand/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type and operate office technology – computers, printers, copy machines, calculators, et.al.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently.
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. Keystone Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Job descriptions are not an offer of employment.