The Director of Finance position will serve as a key financial partner with a wholly owned large subsidiary of the Company. The primary function of the role will consist of performing general accounting tasks, daily, for the subsidiary’s general ledger. The Director of Finance will assist with consolidating financial information from operating locations, providing balance sheet reconciliation and analysis assistance, delivering financial reports and performing accounting research. This position will be expected to gain a detailed understanding of accounting policies, P&L accounts and balance sheet accounts. The Director of Finance will work independently only receiving guidance on unusual or complex problems. This position will also be expected to review reports and results with management as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the monthly consolidation of financial results and review those results with management.
- Help lead the monthly financial close process by independently identifying and processing the necessary journal entries assigned, including monthly adjusting journal entries required to properly reflect the consolidation of the financial statements.
- Reviews the trial balance and financial statements to ensure proper recording and classification of transactions and accounts.
- Record revenues for contracts with multiple element arrangements
- Manage all intercompany transactions
- Prepare monthly WIP & Job Costing Schedules
- Timely reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts according to prescribed frequency to ensure balances are properly supported and explained by independently collaborating with key stakeholders to resolve any reconciliation issues in a timely manner.
- Daily management of Accounts Receivable Specialist and Credit/Collections Administrator including cross training and managing workload to assure billing goals are met. Follow Mitec Employee Manual for style of management.
- Maintain fixed assets (FA) including recording fixed asset (CAPEX) acquisitions and dispositions; Setting up book depreciation schedules; and reconciling balances to the general ledger.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement for all Accounting processes, engaging process design conversations and making recommendations.
- Performing accounting research and conduct variance analysis on financial results to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes impacting completeness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Reconciliation and preparation of tax schedules, oversight of 1099 reporting, preparation/review of internally prepared tax returns.
- Partnering with other departments to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Ensuring all accounting procedures, records, and reports conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Perform technical accounting research on complex accounting topics under US GAAP, including educating others within the organization on the topics.
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required.
- Assist in the annual audit process.
- Prepares Ad Hoc Analyses and complete projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration required. (Finance or Accounting preferred).
- CPA preferred.
- Previous public accounting and contract billing experience is strongly desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of Accounting/Finance experience preferred.
- Experience in corporate and consolidation accounting and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Analytical mindset with proven ability to exercise judgment, analyze data, prepare financial reports and present results to Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with proven ability to influence others without authority.
- Fast learner, attention to details, inquisitive personality.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent proficiency with financial software tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, WeSuite, and exposure to Sedona.
- Proven ability to work with all levels in the organization.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. Keystone Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.