The Sprinkler Designer is to deliver quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and industry standards, and to achieve customer satisfaction through a unified commitment to job competency and unsurpassed service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create engineered drawings using AutoCAD design software
- Design systems based on scope of work as outlined in sale contract, while ensuring design meets all applicable code requirements.
- Review sold projects for clear understanding of scope of work and for any error/omissions; notify Project Manager/Estimator/Salesman and Construction Manager of discrepancies prior to start of design work.
- Completion of preliminary and AS Built engineering drawings and required documentation to include systems designs, calculations, submittals, operation manuals and other related documents as required for customer and AHJ.
- Submit drawings, documentation and completed applications submitting applications for permits to the proper municipalities and/or authorities, with the appropriate transmittal forms.
- Expedite drawing approvals on a timely and consistent basis.
- Provide material list and vendor information to Purchasing Agent for equipment procurement on a project by project basis.
- Keep informed of new products and developments. Attend in-house training sessions and manufacturers’ training as assigned and/or required.
- Accurately complete and return all field paperwork on time.
- Track and report via Timecard hours utilized per Job on Design work as well as all Unapplied Time.
- Report all accidents, mishaps and/or customer complaints immediately.
- Attend Company Meetings and reporting status of work as required.
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company and with fellow coworkers.
- Interface with customers to explain work to be performed, answer their questions and address their concerns in a knowledgeable and respectful manner. Attend Job Site Meetings as required.
- Provide accurate and complete information on reports and quotes.
- Manage time including time on the job as well as time on the road to job sites.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possess complete understanding of current AutoCAD design standards and the ability to clean up CAD drawing files, understanding layer structure, FP drawing and detail set-up, and overall start to finish design capability
- Strong understanding of materials, tools, equipment, and procedures used in the installation and design processes, plus working knowledge of NFPA Standards
- Mental stamina and ability to perform laborious and repetitive work for extended hours
- Effectively communicate with all internal and external clients and the ability to provide excellent professional relationships
- Understanding and insight relating to current NFPA code standards, International Building and Fire Codes, and local ordinances, and AHJ requirements as they impact fire and life safety
- Required: High School Diploma and Technical Training
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Certification: NICET Level 2
- Computer Proficiency on all Related Software Systems (CAD)
- Preferred: 3-5 years related experience
- Preferred: Fire Protection Industry
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours) without a break.
- Position requires ability to walk, bend, stoop, and stretch to perform site surveys.
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. KPI Holdings and its subsidiaries: Keystone Fire Protection Co., Marco Protection Systems, LLC, Communication Systems Integrators, LLC, and KPI Group USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Job descriptions are not an offer of employment.